Safety and Medical Procedures
Moon River Music Festival has a zero tolerance policy for harassment. If you feel harassed or threatened in any way please let our staff or security know. No always means no.
The safety of our fans is of the utmost importance to Moon River Music Festival, and we want each and every one of you to feel completely comfortable at the festival. Harassment based on gender, race, age, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or appearance will not be tolerated. Please let the nearest security or staff member know if you are being harassed in any way, are the victim of inappropriate or nonconsensual touching, or for any reason feel unsafe or uncomfortable.
Sexual Harassment – If you’ve been the victim of sexual violence or harassment, please go to a medical tent for help or report it to the nearest staff member. We encourage our fans to always be aware of your surroundings and to remember that no ALWAYS means no, regardless of the situation. Also, if you see something, say something. Festival officials are stationed around the festival grounds and are happy to assist you.
If you or a friend needs any medical assistance please go to our medical tent on site near the festival entrance on Tremont St. and the Tennessee Tavern. Their locations are shown on the map below. Please be honest with our medical personnel as they are here to help and assist you. If you or someone near you needs immediate medical assistance, please look for any of our staff members wearing a staff shirt or anyone with a radio.
- TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Chattanooga gets hot in early-September and the best thing you can do to ensure you enjoy every moment of the festival is to stay hydrated. Please make sure to eat healthy foods and drink plenty of water! All that dancing can take a lot out of you, so take a break if you don’t feel well. We have free water stations on-site for your benefit! Please see the map below to find out where these water stations our located!
- Don’t forget to protect yourself from the sun! Sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses can help you stay comfortable and keep you from being sidelined for the festival.
- It gets pretty loud on the Riverfront, so using earplugs is a great way to ensure you can enjoy all the great music this year and in the years to come.
- Having emergency contact info on your person as well as your phone’s lock screen can greatly assist emergency personnel should you require assistance.
- Please keep yourself and your belongings safe. If you lose or find something, please head to our lost and found tent at the festival info booth near the festival entrance.
- Stay aware of your surroundings, use the buddy system, and don’t forget to watch out for your neighbors as well! Enjoy yourself but don’t forget to be considerate of other people. You can make the difference between a good or bad festival experience!
- Weather – We are constantly monitoring the weather but that doesn’t mean we can control it! Keep an eye on the forecast and listen to all festival personnel to ensure you’re fully prepared.
Moon River Music Festival works hand in hand with local, state and federal authorities to ensure our fans have the safest experience possible. There will be uniformed and plain-clothed security throughout the festival grounds and they are there to keep you safe! If you require assistance please don’t hesitate to ask them for help.
To ensure the safety of everyone at the festival, all fans will be subject to a full and complete search prior to entry. This search may include a full body pat down and magnetometer screening prior to entry. Prior to the search process, please inform our security personnel if you would prefer to be searched by a security personnel of your same gender. Any security screening of children will always be with the presence and consent of a parent or guardian.
If you are bringing a bag to the festival it must be searched before entry. No bag larger than 12x6x12 will be allowed into the festival.
Help us help you! You, the fans, are the eyes and ears of our festival. If you see or hear something suspicious, illegal, or dangerous please say something to the nearest staff member, medical personnel, or security personnel.
Please review our prohibited items list here under ‘What should I leave at home?’ for an easy entry process. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Security WILL confiscate any illegal items and will either dispose of them or notify the appropriate authorities.
Prescription Medication – If a patron has a special dietary restriction, those items will be allowed onto festival grounds if accompanied by a doctor’s note.
Any medically necessary medicine and materials must be in the name of the patron. Your ID must match the name on the medication label and our medical team will clear it at check-in. Please dispose of any medical waste and syringes at the medical tent found on the festival grounds. Please do not dispose of them in trash bins.
If you are bringing in prescription medication, please make sure the name on your ID matches the name on the medication label and our medical team will clear it at check-in.
If the festival grounds should need to be evacuated for any reason our staff will inform all patrons via broadcast from each and every stage. Please be sure to proceed quickly, yet orderly to the nearest exit. Emergency routes can be found on the festival map here.
Just because the festival grounds have to be evacuated does not always mean the festival is cancelled! Please be sure to follow us on social media Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Social media updates will help keep you in the loop on the festival’s status, including adjusted set times.
If the festival reopens after an evacuation you WILL be allowed re-entry at the festival entrance on Tremont St. Please be patient as you re-enter the festival as each patron will still need to be searched by our security personnel prior to entry.